Who can apply
You can apply if you are a Northern Territory enterprise and employ Aboriginal Territorians including:
- incorporated Aboriginal organisations
- private businesses
- industry bodies
- not-for-profit organisations
- other incorporated organisations.
What can be funded
Projects should include some or all of the following:
- delivered by local people
- sustainable local employment
- local partnerships and collaborations
- improved regional and industry capability.
Priority will be given to projects with employment outcomes in these industry sectors:
- energy and minerals
- defence and support industries.
Applications for other industry sectors may be considered where the project will meet an immediate need.
Applicants are encouraged to identify financial or in-kind support from their organisation or other partners. This includes funding sources such as the Australian Government and private or philanthropic organisations.
What can’t be funded
Grants cannot be used for:
- purchasing assets, capital goods or equipment
- recurrent activities or to supplement core services
- activities that duplicate other government funding
- initiatives that may present commercial advantage including during an open tendering process
- only wages.
Before you apply
You should read the Aboriginal Workforce Grants funding guidelines.
How to apply
To apply, fill in the Aboriginal Workforce Grants competitive round application .
Your application must be typed. Handwritten applications will not be accepted.
Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 12 noon, Monday 26 March 2018. Applications received after this time and date will not be accepted.
How applications are assessed
Applications will be assessed on a competitive basis by a panel.
For more information call the AWG program manager at the Department of Trade, Business and Innovation on (08) 8999 7802 or email email@example.com.
Last updated: 08 February 2018