As part of January’s CYCLONE PREPARATION MONTH, the Nhulunbuy Corporation’s annual free pre-cyclone hard waste collection will take place on Friday 12 January and Monday 15 January 2018.
Residents are invited to place any items for collection on the footpath in front of their property no later than Thursday 11 January 2018.
Hard waste includes…
• household white goods and electrical appliances such as fridges, dishwashers, washing machines (doors and gas must be removed) and televisions
• hot water services
• broken furniture
• scrap metal (no longer than 1.5m)
• timber (no longer than 1.5m)
• paint tins (dry paint and lids off)
As part of the hard waste collection, the Nhulunbuy Corporation does not collect:
• domestic waste (garbage bags)
• renovation material (carpet, sinks, toilets, plasterboard etc.)
• building material (brick, stone, concrete, soil, timber, roofing iron, steel and metal, etc)
• hazardous waste (eg. asbestos) or liquid waste (chemicals, paint, motor oil etc)
• green waste
• car bodies and parts, tyres, batteries
• gas cylinders
• polystyrene and styrofoam
Residents are reminded that it is everyone’s responsibility to help ensure that the Nhulunbuy community is prepared for the upcoming cyclone season.
For more information, please contact us on 8939 2200 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org